Friday, August 22, 2014

Wow, I'd almost forgotten about this blog, and was surprised to find it still up and functioning. A lot has happened to me since my last entry. Several crappy jobs and periods of unemployment. My husband of 35 years, Jack, died on December 25, 2012. My son and his wife broke up, and she got custody of me and my daughter. My son moved to Key West, FL. My granddaughters are growing into lovely young ladies.

At this writing, events in Ferguson, MO are front and center of the internet and news outlets. When did we ever let our city police forces get like this? Devastating to learn that there is a gofundme account of over $200k for the defense of Darren Wilson, the cop who executed Michael Brown. Yes, executed. There is no other suitable word for it. People who are chipping in are supporting a murderer.

We are heading into election season. Don't yawn and say that it's just an off-year election that doesn't matter. 2010 brought us Ted Cruz and his ilk.  The House of Representatives now has a Republican majority and John Boehner is Speaker of the House. If those two names don't mean anything to you, you REALLY haven't been paying attention. If you are fans of either or both of those men, you probably won't like this blog. At all. The rest of you... Vote! VOTE! It could be your last chance. The Republican party has been taken over by the Tea Party and they are fucking INSANE! I honestly don't know how anybody who's not an old, rich, white guy can vote "R" any more.

I'm feeling kind of off because all of my favorite political shows are on hiatus right now. Summer doldrums.

Bill Maher, fellow atheist whom I've always had a little bit of a crush on. He brings on guests of every political stripe, including Dinesh DeSouza, Ann Coulter, Penn Jillette, Donna Brazile, Willie Nelson & Al Franken, to name some of the more memorable. Never a dull moment. 

Jon Stewart. I've been a fan of his since way back in the day, when he'd occasionally show up on Dennis Miller's HBO show. You remember Dennis Miller. Used to be a comedian, way back in the day.

Jon Stewart launched the careers of these next two, among others.

John Oliver sat in for Stewart last summer and knocked everybody's socks off with how well he handled the job. I'm sure that's one of the reasons he got his current gig at HBO, where he's now knocking everybody's socks of and he gets to swear, too. 

Last but not least, Stephen Colbert, of the Colbert Report. He plays a conservative, but is constantly making liberal points. Not all of his guests "get" Stephen's character. The interview with Rick Santorum was particularly hilarious. He will be taking over the late night duties on CBS next year when David Letterman retires. We will then get to meet the REAL Stephen. Or, his newest character, anyways.

Hmmm... bunch of white guys. Well, I like them. Maybe Sarah Silverman will get a show. I do know that another Jon Stewart protege, Larry Wilmore, will be taking over Colbert's slot when he leaves.  Here's their pictures, just for some balance.


Yeah, Sarah could host a show. I'd watch it.

Okay. I'm gonna close with some pictures of my dogs, because I promised them.













No comments:

Post a Comment