I knew when I first saw Idiocracy that way too many people were headed in that direction.
I'm so sickened by the election results tonight. How could this happen? How could it be this bad? The republicans weren't even trying to hide their anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-elderly, anti-poor people, anti-people of color, anti-child... basically, anyone who wasn't a white, rich, christian republican.
Do people pay that little attention to what's going on? I know, I'm a political junkie. I gobble this shit up like fresh donuts, but c'mon! How do you not see that these monsters are out for themselves, and that any benefits promised aren't gonna be for you!
When I think of all the stuff that's going to be on the chopping block:
- Health insurance. I just GOT freakin' health insurance, and now they're gonna try to repeal the law that made it possible for me to get it.
- Social Security. The fuckers want to privatize it! It's not even their money. It's ours, dammit!
- Food Stamps. Because fuck the poor.
- Unemployment. Ditto
- Women's right to choose. Not just abortion, but they're going after birth control as well. Hobby Lobby was just the tip of the iceberg.
- Voting Rights. Again, fuck the poor.
- Collective Bargaining Rights. Because how dare those employees stand up to their
ownersemployers. Asking for a living wage, benefits and all. Pshht.
- Minimum Wage. See Collective Bargaining Rights.
- Consumer Protections. Such a pain in the ass for the poor billionaires.
- Net Neutrality. How can free and equal access to the Net be good for the wealthy?