Friday, October 21, 2011

Another Customer Service Nightmare

I recently fell for an internet ad promising to get rid of my chronic pain. The product turned out to be this oily stuff (active ingredient: CAMPHOR) that works about the same as lots of things you can buy at the drugstore, for lots less money.  And it STINKS! Big time. Kind of a sour peppermint smell, very strong. The original $20 I spent for what I got was a bit high, but not completely unreasonable,  but when they cracked an additional $70 on my card, I got on the phone. Following is the email exchange between me and one of this company's customer service representatives.



Heather M to me
      Oct 18 (4 days ago)

Hi Kathy,
My name is Heather and I am a customer care rep over at 024 Pain Management System.
 …(Heather validates my order info)…
Kathy your call to our customer service team states that you did not order the product.  We tried to call you numerous times but you don’t have voicemail nor did you answer the phone.  Our records show that you have been sent the product UPS tracking number 9---------------------2205.
Kathy, as per your request we will cancel any subsequent shipments and charges.  However, we cannot reverse the $69.99.  As stated plainly in our terms and conditions, which includes a check box you must check in to process an order, you have a 14 day period for which you can cancel and return the product.  We process thousands of orders a day and we’re more than fair with our customers.  We do what we can to ensure that our customers receive their shipments in time, and that they receive more than enough time to evaluate our product.
If by chance someone else has used your credit card, than by law we will need to report this with your credit card company to ensure that no one fraudulent has your card number and details.  Let us know if this is the case and we will go ahead and contact your credit card company and mark your card as stolen.
If you have any questions, please do give us a call at (phone# deleted).
 Thank you
 Heather M
024 Pain Management System

Kathy T to Heather
        Oct 19 (3 days ago)

Heather:
I am not disputing the charges for the product that I did order and receive.  That was the 19.99 introductory offer, which included a spray bottle and three boxes of pre-moistened towelettes.  I ordered that on 9/30. The charge for that went through my bank on 10/4 and I received the product shortly thereafter. No problems there.  
On 10/14 I noticed a 69.99 charge on my bank card from your company.  I did NOT place an order for anything from you after the original.  This was within the 14 day period (counting from 10/4) that you cite in your letter. So, IF there was some kind of automatic shipment scheduled, I should be allowed, under your rules, to cancel it. Also, the caller ID on my phone shows no one from your company attempted to call me during this time.
At this time, I have not received any new shipments from your company. When I do receive the product, I will refuse the shipment from UPS, or I will return it immediately. I don't believe my card has been stolen. I believe there was an error on your end. Please refund my 69.99 as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Kathy T

Kathy T to Heather
      Oct 19 (3 days ago)


Heather:
I wanted to add this.  The UPS tracking number you referenced was for the US Postal Service, NOT the United Parcel Service.  That particular tracking number,
9-------05, was for the first shipment, and shows that it was delivered on Oct. 3.  Kt


 Heather M  to me
      Oct 19 (3 days ago)


Hi Kathy,

I am sorry but I believe you may have misunderstood the total cost of the product. The trial is $19.99 including shipping. That’s what gets charged to your credit card when you purchase (including shipping and handling) which was Sep 30th. Then you have 14 days from the day of initial purchase to call and cancel if you are unhappy with the product so you do not get charged $69.99.  Now if you do not call us to cancel within the 14days we assume that since you agreed to these terms and condition and proceeded with the purchase that you are satisfied and keeping the product so we charge you the remainder of the product cost, that being $69.99.

 I've posted our terms and conditions bellow so you can take a look at them one more time.

 "Thank you for choosing the All-Natural, Patented, O24™ Pain Management System.
Our limited time Trial Offer allows you to try O24™ Pain Relief for only $19.99.
Today you will be billed only $19.99 USD, with FREE SHIPPING, for a 3 month supply!
If you wish to keep the product, we will simply bill you the remaining $69.99 USD in 15 days.
You receive a full 3 MONTH SUPPLY of O24™ Pain Relief, at a 30% discount from the regular retail price of $119.99.
If you try the product, and do not like it, simply call us at (
phone# deleted) within 14 days to cancel the Trial Offer."

You have called us to cancel your future orders, which we have already done, so you will not be receiving any new orders nor will you be charged again. But the total cost that you have been charged thus far is only for the first and only order that you will be receiving and unfortunately it cannot be reversed.

 I'm sorry for any confusion that this has caused but I hope that I have been able to clear up your concerns,

 Thanks

Heather M

024 Pain Management System

 Kathy T  to customercare
   Oct 19 (3 days ago)


Seriously?  That stuff cost me $90?? What a rip-off. What a misleading ad. What are you guys, republicans or something?

kt

Heather M  to me
      Oct 19 (2 days ago)


Dear Kathy,

 Haha I appreciate your humour and I understand where you are coming from, $90 is not cheap.  But you get what you pay for and quite honestly this stuff is expensive to manufacture. I'll let you in on a little secret…in 6 months, health and nutrition stores will be carrying 024 retailing at $159 to $200. We manufacture in the US to guarantee quality and every batch is tested manually.

I'm sorry you will not be staying with us, I wish you all the best

 Sincerely,

 Heather M

024 Pain Management System

Kathy T to customercare
      Oct 20 (2 days ago)


I'm not sure what you find humorous in my letter. I assure you, there's nothing funny about losing $70 when you haven't seen an unemployment check in two months.  I placed the order expecting to pay $20. The product was ok. Just ok. BioFreeze works just as good or better. I thought $20 was a little high for what I got, but wasn't going to complain.  For $90, you'd think you'd at least get rid of the stank! You're going to be charging $159-$200 for this? Good luck with that.  kt

Oh gosh! Heather let me in on a little secret!  Sure hope she doesn't get in trouble for sharing that. But then again, she hasn't written back, so maybe she DID get in trouble. 
I tried to be nice. The only actual swear word I used was "republicans" and I see that one on TV all the time, so it wasn't THAT harsh. 
Sadly, it looks like I'll have to just kiss my $70 goodbye. :-(




 ,

1 comment:

  1. Kathy T.....they have gone on to major scamming; at this time at least 5 websites and threads on other sites such as Facebook Ads that I have found. The man behind all the scamming is Robert Tallack, CEO of Revive Bio Science aided and abetted by a Gerry Bolivar. Just do a google for 024, pain management, complaints and you will find a lot of people now being scammed just as you were. Taking him down is a slow process; use all you can,; facebook, twitter, spread the word.... stay safe

    ReplyDelete