Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'll Never Forget 911


I'll never forget watching the Towers go down 10 years ago. I was working in an office for a Fortune 500 company.  I was one of the few in the office who had Internet at the time. Those of us lucky (unlucky?) enough to have it had crowds around our desks. 

I'll never forget how, at first, it seemed like maybe it was some sort of horrible accident. The video images looked like a disaster movie with CGI effects. We watched, speechless, as the horror unfolded and eventually realized that this was DELBERATE and that the US was under attack. 
I'll never forget how we cried, we prayed, we worried about our loved ones. Some of us had friends or relatives in NYC.  We didn't know if life as we knew it would ever be the same. 
I'll also never forget how our Corporate Masters shut off our Internet and ordered us to GET BACK TO WORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment